GED Replaced by HiSET
HiSET® (High School Equivalency) has replaced the GED in NH! Like the GED, it provides an opportunity to study and earn a high school equivalency certificate
Day and evening classes are available for adults to prepare for the exam.
Classes meet on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
HiSET Prep classes meet 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
HiSET classes meet Monday & Thursday, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Where: All classes are held at the Tuck Learning Campus, Entrance D, 30 Linden Street, Exeter, NH
Enrollment is ongoing. Call 775-8459 to set up an appointment.
At Exeter Adult Education you can:
- Take math, writing, or reading HiSET preparation classes
- Take official HiSET practice tests
- Take official HiSET exam
CALL Exeter Adult Education at (603) 775-8457 for more information.
For other New Hampshire High School Equivalency programs go to: nhadulted.org
Pre-registration is required for the Exam.
- HiSET Test fee – $95.
- State-issued picture ID or passport required.
- Mandatory practice test by appointment – $15.
- Any person under age 18 who desires to take the test must obtain permission from their local school district prior to registering for the test.
- HiSET testing is held at the Tuck Learning Campus on the following dates: Wednesdays, 2/12, 3/12, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21 from 5:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 5/3 & 5/10, from 8:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- Individuals must attend two days to complete full test battery.
Please be advised that the New Hampshire GED or HiSET Certificate of High School Equivalency can be neither earned nor obtained via the Internet or through correspondence programs. The Tests of General Educational Development (GED Tests) or the HiSET require extensive preparation and the demonstration of a high level of high school knowledge and academic skills. The Tests are administered in New Hampshire only at Official Testing Centers under the direction of the New Hampshire Department of Education, Bureau of Adult Education. Any other high school equivalency certificate not issued by the New Hampshire Department of Education or another jurisdictional testing authority may be of dubious value and may not be accepted by employers, colleges and universities, or the military.
Adult Learner Services Program
The Adult Learner Services Program of Rockingham County offers FREE one-to-one and small group help with reading, writing, math, HiSET preparation, and English conversation (listening and speaking). Call Katie Walker at 775-8458.